Coincidentally, I came across a posting by Kevon O'Keefe of 'Real Lawyers Have Blogs' (a blog about law and social media) who is suggesting a similar idea. I adapted his post below:
... it's only a matter of time before were going to see law firms in Second Life...In the last few days:
- Dell launches a Second Life presence with a 'Dell Island.'
- Edelman partners with Electric Sheep to offer funding for a new Second Life business venture. It'll be a competition searching for the best Second Life business plan.
- Yesterday’s Wall Street Journal article, Avatars at the Office (sub. req'ed.), giving examples of what a number of companies think and are doing in Second Life.
The opportunity for law firms setting up an office in Second Life?
- To network with other companies in Second Life, especially appropriate for innovative law firms with a new media, IP, start-up business, or VC bent.
- Online and off line media exposure for what would certainly be perceived as innovative marketing.
Post a Comment